5 Key Tips to ensure Vaastu Shastra compliance in your home
Key Tips Vaastu Compliance in Your HomeIn the present day, the number of Vaastu experts in our country is second only to the number of cricket experts and just like the latter, they have strongly differing opinions on what rules and principles one must follow to ensure Vaastu Shastra compliance. At Pinnacle we strive to our best efforts to make every home in compliance with Vaasthu and Manaiyadi Shastra
Given this information overload, what rules you should follow and what rules you can choose to discard are entirely at your discretion.
We wanted to make your life simpler and therefore, we have put together a list of five things that are an Absolute Must when you’re looking for a house.
(PS – even if you are not a believer, it doesn’t hurt to have compliance, simply to enhance the resale value of the house!)
1. Pre-constructionIt is recommended that one performs a Bhumi Pooja (worshipping the earth) before starting the house construction. This is considered an auspicious beginning and heralds a good start to the proceedings.
2. House entranceNorth and East are the most auspicious directions for the House as North is believed as the primary direction of Lord Shiva and East is the most preferred direction for the facing and directions of a home. This is because the sun rises in the east and is said to bring in positive energy and light into the household. The other acceptable direction that the house entrance can be placed is towards the North East.
3. Kitchen locationThe South-East corner of the house is the most ideal one for the kitchen’s location and cooking supposedly should be done while facing the East. However, please bear in mind that the kitchen should not be located directly in front of the main door of the house.
4. Master BedroomThe Master Bedroom should be located at the South West corner of an East-facing home. From our perspective, if you follow (2) and (3), you will ensure that you can sleep soundly without having to let the aroma or the noise accompanying the cooking to wake you up. Square and rectangular shaped bedrooms are recommended, so that you can leave the avant-garde construction to the other sections of the house.
5. Toilet locationThe toilet location is another vital aspect, both from the perspective of Vaastu as well as from a general health and aesthetics angle. Toilets are to be located in the North-West corner of the building or the North-West corner of the rooms. If this is not possible, South East toilets are allowed. It is also recommended (and sensible, in our opinion, we might add), that the toilets, kitchen and Pooja room in the house should not be adjacent to each other.
There are numerous other terms and conditions that one must apply to get the perfect Vaastu compliance in the house.